This is a series of mathematics posters developed by David Pavett covering a number of themes from ‘Makers of Mathematics’ to ‘Maths in the Real World’ and lots more beside.
Makers of Mathematics
- George Dantzig: who developed the concepts and techniques of linear programming
- Eratosthenes: most famous today for his ‘sieve’ for finding prime numbers and his calculation of the Earth’s circumference
- Rózsa Péter: the founder of recursive function theory, she was at the forefront of some of the most advanced mathematical research of her times
Mathematics in the Real World
- Maths and Music: down the ages people have been struck by the connections and parallels between maths and music
- Sound of Logarithms: what are logarithms doing in your volume control?
- Stored Energy: it is interesting that the formulas for different types of stored energy have the same form