Materials available for review
We frequently receive requests for items to be reviewed.
The following items have been submitted by their creators who have asked that we review the material.
It is normally the case that, in the case of tangible materials, the reviewer is permitted to keep the material for their own use once reviewed.
How do you get to review the material?
Look through the list below, make a note of the reference number, and complete the form at the foot of the page. We will then send you the details of the person you need to contact to get the materials for review.
Please note: this is a commitment to review. If you receive material to review and then without good reason do not submit the review, is considered very bad practice and would reflect badly on ATM.
Just because we list something here to allow potential reviewers to select something to review, it does not mean in any way that ATM considers ‘worthy’ of review nor does it imply any endorsement. It is a raw list of requests as they are received.
We are as likely to publish a critical (as in unfavourable) review as we are a favourable review.
Items may be removed if not picked up for review after a reasonable period of time and at our complete discretion.
Requests for Review
- Cambridge Checkpoint Mathematics Coursebook 7, Practice Book 7 & Teachers Resource CD-ROM 7 by Greg Byrd, Lynn Byrd and Chris Pearce [ KS3 ]
- Circle in a Box by Sam Vandervelde [ 16+ HE ]
- Conquest of the Plane by Thomas Colignatus [ KS3 KS4 16+ HE ]
- Essential Statistics, Regression and Econometrics by Gary Smith [ HE ]
- Everyday maths through everyday provision by Elaine Bennett and Jenny Weidner [ FS ]
- First Challenge Activities by Jenny Murray [ KS2 ]
- Flowchart Investigations by Colin Foster [ KS4 16+ HE ]
- Four in a Row - Time and Money by Ian Ward [ KS3 KS4 16+ HE ]
- How to Study for a Mathematics Degree by Laura Alcock [ HE ]
- Ideas for 6th Form Mathematics - Pure Maths and Mechanics by Colin Foster [ KS4 16+ HE ]
- Improving Primary Mathematics by Mary McAteer [ FS KS1 ]
- Leadership to Count On by Robin Bevan (ed) [ KS3 KS4 16+ ]
- Magic Formulas for All by Chris Pettitt [ KS3 KS4 16+ ]
- Mathematical Activities using Spreadsheeets by Lesley Ravenscroft, Diana Cobden, Colin Abell & Elaine Griffin [ KS4 16+ HE ]
- More Problem Solving: The Creative Side of Mathematics by Derek Holton [ KS3 KS4 16+ ]
- Partial Differential Equations by T Hillen, I E Leonard, H Van Roessel [ HE ]
- Perspective by Richard Phillips [ KS4 16+ HE ]
- Poor Robin's Prophecies by Benjamin Wardhaugh [ KS4 16+ HE ]
- Ptolemy through the Looking Glas by William Wynne Willson [ HE ]
- Really Big Numbers by Richard Evan Schwartz [ KS1 KS2 ]
- Teaching Mathematics Visually and Actively by Tandi Clausen-May [ KS1 KS2 KS3 KS4 ]
- The Enchanting Arithmetic: Different Easy Approach to Arithmetic SECOND EDITION by Mr Sridharan R [ FS KS1 KS2 KS3 KS4 16+ HE ]
- The Essential Guide to Secondary Mathematics: Successful and enjoyable teaching and learning by Colin Foster [ KS3 KS4 16+ ]
- The Long and the Short by Joe Watson [ KS2 KS3 ]
- The Long and the Short Download PDF by Joe Watson [ KS2 KS3 ]
- The Mathematics of Lottery Games by Samuel W Valenza, Jr [ KS4 16+ HE ]
- The simple mathematics of Jesus by Thomas Colignatus [ KS4 16+ HE ]
- The Skew Polyhedra by Patrick Taylor [ KS3 KS4 16+ ]
- Woodturning Full Circle by David Springett [ KS3 KS4 16+ ]
- CGP MathsTutor for GCSE Maths Higher Level by CGP [ KS4 ]
- Create and Display Interactive: Mathematics by Liz Webster and Sue Reed [ FS KS1 KS2 ]
- Data Handling Across The Curriculum by Ann Montague-Smith [ KS1 KS2 ]
- Maths Wordbook by SmartStudy Ltd [ KS3 KS4 ]
- Working With Maths DVD by Careers4u.tv [ KS3 KS4 16+ HE ]
- Exampro by Exampro [ KS3 KS4 16+ ]
- GetMathsFit by Squirrel Publications Ltd [ KS3 KS4 16+ ]
- Mathematical Beginnings by Colin Foster [ KS2 KS3 KS4 ]
- Mathletics by 3P Learning Ltd [ KS1 KS2 KS3 KS4 16+ ]
- Mavis Resources by Axlesoft [ 16+ ]
- MyWorks KS4 Maths by Boardworks [ KS4 ]
- Revision Website by Stuart Sidders [ KS4 16+ HE ]
- Revision Website by Stuart Sidders [ KS4 16+ HE ]
- SeeMath.com by Tal Greengard [ KS2 KS3 ]
- The Maths Faculty by The Faculties [ 16+ HE ]
- The Tutor Pages by The Tutor Pages [ FS KS1 KS2 KS3 KS4 16+ HE ]
- www.interactive-maths.com by Dan Rodriguez-Clark [ KS2 KS3 KS4 16+ ]
Want to review something from the list?
You need to be a Full Member of ATM in order to write reviews of books or resources.
If you are logged in (top right of every page) and your username (email address) is the same as that we have recorded against your membership, then a form will be displayed below. Use the form to make your offer to review an item.
Reviews must in some sensible way be connected with materials relevant to mathematics learning and teaching.
Reviews should reflect the aims and principles of ATM when making judgements of the worth of the materials being reviewed.
Reviews should, whenever possible, reflect some actual use of the materials in a learning and teaching context.
Reviews do not have to be favourable if in your professional judgement the material does not warrant it.
Reviews should not give the impression of any endorsement by ATM, rather they should reflect an honest and realistic appraisal.
Reviews written by young people using the materials are welcomed.
Informative photographs of the materials in use are always useful.
Reviews should not have been published previously, elsewhere.
We reserve the inalienable right to reject reviews of materials that are counter to the general principles of ATM.
Reviews do not have to be long, in fact short and pithy is often better.
While we would expect a reasonable standard in use of language, we do not expect busy education professionals to have finely-honed prose.