Membership of the ATM will help you to meet the standards set down by the Teacher Development Agency through:
- Six issues per year of a professional journal, which focus on the learning and teaching of mathematics. These include ideas for use in the classroom, personal experiences and shared thoughts about developing learners' understanding.
- Access to a register of ATM-minded professional development people.
- An annual Easter conference, which brings together teachers interested in learning and teaching mathematics, with excellent keynote speakers and a range of workshops and seminars led by experienced facilitators.
- Regular e-newsletters keeping you up to date with developments related to the learning and teaching of mathematics.
- Generous discounts on a wide range of publications and software.
- A network of mathematics educators around the United Kingdom put you in touch with other members to share good practice or ask advice.
- Active campaigning. The ATM campaigns at all levels towards: encouraging increased understanding and enjoyment of mathematics; encouraging increased understanding of how people learn mathematics; encouraging the sharing and evaluation of teaching and learning strategies and practices; promoting the exploration of new ideas and possibilities and initiating and contributing to discussion of and developments in mathematics education at all levels.
- Representation on national bodies helping to formulate policy in mathematics education.
- Software demonstrations by arrangement.
- Access to a members only part of the popular ATM website giving you access to sample materials and up to date information, including a members-only section.
Personal members get the following additional benefits:
- Advice on resources, curriculum development and current research relating to mathematics education.
- Optional membership of a working group being inspired by working with other committed colleagues on a specific project.
- Special rates at the annual conference
- Information about current legislation relating to your job.
- Tax deductible personal subscription, making it even better value