Publications Task Group
The Publications Task Group:
- Considers new publishing proposals and work with the authors to develop those selected through to publication.
The Publications Task Group provides the following Professional Services:
- Acting as editor and publisher and liaises with designer to bring materials to publication.
Do you have a suggestion or proposal for an ATM publication?
ATM Publications Task Group meets to consider proposals in January, May and October each year. Ideas for new publications: print, software and online are always welcome. Please complete the Proposal Outline as fully as you can and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that your proposal can be considered at our next meeting.
All ATM publications should:
- promote the ATM aim of improving teaching and learning in mathematics,
- be compatible with ATM philosophy and
- maintain the established quality of ATM publications.
Proposals submitted to the Publications Group should be new ideas and previously unpublished material apart from articles from ATM journals. The material may be generated in a number of ways including:
- an individual, working group or ATM initiative
- a request from the Publications Group or General Council.
The Publication Group, together with the Marketing Group, will make a decision on whether to accept your proposal. We needs to be certain that the proposed publication meets all the criteria and has a potential market. Financial cost implications will also be considered and you may be asked to modify your proposal in the light of budget constraints. For example you could be asked to consider using fewer illustrations, printing in black and white, reducing the number of pages or making the material available as an E-book.
Once your proposal is accepted and the format and publication dates agreed the ATM Publications Officer will send you an Agreement to sign, together with an outline of the production stages for your publication.