Courses for Professional Development (CPD)
ATM offers Professional Development through
- The annual Easter Conference
- Regional one-day conferences
- Local branches
The ATM Easter Conference provides opportunities for delegates involved with mathematics education at any age to:
- Share in successful practices
- Develop their own mathematics
- Tap into recent pedagogical and curriculum research
- Learn about international developments and practice
- Evaluate recently produced resources
- Find out about and experience the most recent ICT developments
- Join new research networks and projects
- Learn about the most recent developments in mathematics education
- Make new and renew contacts with mathematics educators
- Have fun
- Leave the conference re-energised and full of ideas
Regional one day conference
Occasionally there are ad-hoc one day conferences. These will be advertised on the website and via e-mail. If you are interested in hosting a one-day conference please contact the CPD group.
There are ATM branches throughout the country which provide excellent CPD through their regular branch meeting. For details of your local branch go to the branches page.
There are also a number of working groups which provide the opportunity to work with others in a focused manner on one particular aspect of mathematics education.
Other CPD Requirements
For other CPD requirements, we recommend the NCETM list of providers